Friday, April 4, 2014

Steak tartare

Recipe of steak tartare

Last Saturday, we went crazy. We had salmon and steak tartare. (crazy because meat is expensive in Switzerland!) Steak tartare is my favorite dish, followed by salmon tartare. I just love raw meat, what can I do...I am glad my American husband likes it as well!

Recipe of steak tartare

Recipe of steak tartare

Print Recipe
Serving: 2    Prep Time: 20min    Passive time: 0min    Cook time: 0min!!


Ingredients:


Here are the quantities for a full version of steak tartare. But because we had at the same time steak tartare and salmon tatare, I used half the quantities.

300g Beef tenderloin, diced (and refrigerated if you are preparing it first)
2 tsp capers
2 tsp Dijon mustard
2 egg yolks
2 tbsp onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp flat (Italian) parsley, finely chopped

For seasoning: Tabasco, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper

Direction:


1. Prepare the vegetables.

2. Place a ring mold in the center of one plate, place half the beef, gently pack it down. Remove the ring, make a small indent in the to top of the beef to place the egg yolk.

3. Arrange capers, mustard, onion and parsley around the steak.

4. Each tablemate then do their own mixture by adding the seasoning and mixing all the ingredients together. Et voilà!

Serve with:

I like to serve tartares with a salad and homemade fries. I also sometime serve tartares with toasts.

Alternative/Tips/Comments:


- The amount of meat you use is up to you! I personally could eat 250-300g of raw meat by myself. But I try not too! Too much proteins is not that good (I mean... it is good, very good, but not necessarily for your body).
- If you do not have ring molds you could use any cup wide enough and not too deep, put your mixtures inside, and invert onto your plate.

Bon appétit!



http://www.daybydayrecipe.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *